Re: re:mp3 player

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 02:10, nitesh goyal wrote:
hi,
    i have been thinking of making an mp3 player and divx player .
i have not benn able to decide wheteher i should use c or c++ i.e
gtk+ or gtk-- . besides , tell me how to go about it as i have no
idea about music and streaming . although i have been making a few
windows using gtk-- . please show me the way .

Firstly, use whatever language you are most comfortable in, or would
like to learn more of, be it C, C++, or what-not. Secondly, an mp3/divx
player is a fairly complicated project to attempt if you don't have much
experience yet. I'd suggest something simpler. And finally, check out
the tutorials on http://developer.gnome.org and http://www.gtk.org to
get started. Good luck.

Cheers,
Loban

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
| loban earthling net, loban caltech edu,  http://loban.caltech.edu |