Re: Xlib: unexpected async reply

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 10:51, A B wrote:
Hello,

I am getting the following error when I call
gtk_progress_bar_set_fraction(pbProgress, (amountDone/total));

pbProgress is a GtkProgressBar and both amountDone and total are of type
'double'.

The error I get is:

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x10e6)

I have also set a g_timeout_add that every 2.5 seconds calls a method that
only does:

while(gtk_events_pending())
   gtk_main_iteration();

I do this so that the Progress Bar will update on it's own.

Does anyone know of any reasons that cause this Xlib error message?

This error means something along the lines of:

 - You called GTK+ from a thread without taking the necessary precaution
   (read the FAQ and make sure to call gdk_threads_init() which is
   needed since GTK+-2.0)
 - You called out GTK+ out of a signal handler
 - You forked and continued use GTK+ in the forked process

It's basically saying "Xlib is confused"

Regards,
                                            Owen