Re: Xlib: unexpected async reply

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x10e6)

I cant say that I know what `(sequence 0x10e6)' means
but you can probably find out.

Once I had some kind of "bad pixmap" error from the
X server and it sad a few arcane things like
"error_code 14" (whatadahell ?); I ended up having to
grep for the culprit that spewed this arcane message
and hapily discovered that I had referenced an X resource
by XID (as a Pixmap) when it did not exist (alot more
inteligable than simply saying your code crashed because of "14".
or your code doesn't work because of "sequence 0x10e6").

What I mean to say is that 0x10e6 might actualy mean
something ;-)  (and ofcourse grep is our friend ;-)

Cheers,
        -Tristan

A B wrote:

Hello,

I am getting the following error when I call
gtk_progress_bar_set_fraction(pbProgress, (amountDone/total));

pbProgress is a GtkProgressBar and both amountDone and total are of type
'double'.

The error I get is:

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x10e6)

I have also set a g_timeout_add that every 2.5 seconds calls a method that
only does:

while(gtk_events_pending())
   gtk_main_iteration();

I do this so that the Progress Bar will update on it's own.

Does anyone know of any reasons that cause this Xlib error message?

Thanks,

-------
Alvin Beach
Email: alvinbeach hotmail com