Re: gthreads and gtk+?

Try

it s big schrieb:

Hi,

  I'm not to fimilar with gthreads at so I might have this totaly wrong so any help at all is more then
good enough. Here is what I got: example

main (gint argc, gchar *argv[])
{
  /* init threads */
  g_thread_init(NULL);

    pthread_create(&yacc_tid, NULL, argument_thread, NULL);  /see
example link below */

    gdk_threads_enter();
    gtk_main ();

}

Is there some thing wrong with this picture? Well if some body could point out the fault or a tutorial
would be realy helpfull :D thanks in advance.

Jon Van Brocklin

see http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2000-November/msg00055.html
be carefull you can not write to widget in different threads until you
managed the
acive thread by yourselve with gdk_threads_enter() and
gdk_threads_leave()

What I am looking for at the moment the basic  fork call doesn't work
with gtk 1.2.
but the  system call works, for gtk there have to be differnt fork
calls.