Re: Glade Anjuta problem

This is a known problem with anjuta versions below 1.0.2. Please upgrade
to the latest version of use a CVS build (HEAD if you want GNOME2) or
ANJUTA_1_0_0 branch (for stability).

Also, if you're using Anjuta for development, it might be a good idea to
subscribe to anjuta-list and/or anjuta-devel. THis problem (and many
more) have already been discussed there.

An easy way to get around these little annoyances is to use the Tool
Editor to create your own set of tools for calling external programs
with the correct parameters and use them. The tools system is *very*
powerful and once to get to know it well, you are bound to get addicted
;-)

I have been using the following tutorial to help learn to create guiapps
with glade and anjuta. (http://eddy.writelinux.com/part2/)  I had some
trouble getting glade to work with anjuta when I chose a Gtk 2 or Gnome 2
project.  When I choose Project -> Edit GUI Interface, nothing would
happen.   So I started Anjuta from an xterm to see what was happening, and
it seems it was trying to use glade, and I only had glade-2 installed.  So
I installed glade and when I did the Project -> Edit GUI Interface, glade
opened and gave an error saying: Error opening project.  I noticed that
Anjuta did not create a .glade file, and it also only generated a main.c
file in my src directory.  When I went back and created a regular Gtk or
Gnome project (regular meaning not Gtk 2/Gnome 2), it created a .glade file
and created callbacks.c, callbacks.h and many others in my src directory.
When I choose Project -> Edit GUI Interface, Glade popped up and I had a
window ready to start creating widgets.  I would think that when you
created a Gtk 2/Gnome 2 projectunder anjuta, it would create all the files
(callbacks.c, callbacks.h, main.c ?) in the src directory and a .glade
file, and when you Edit the GUI, it would open in Glade2.  I am new to all
of this, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Matt
--
Biswa.