Re: "paste-clipboard" callback.

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 22:38, Tony Denault wrote:

I've been trying to get a callback for a entry widget to run after a
paste operation in X (middle button click). I have this:

  entry = gtk_entry_new_with_max_length( 80 );
  gtk_signal_connect_after(GTK_OBJECT(entry), "paste-clipboard",
      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(entry_paste_cb), NULL);

However, entry_paste_cb() is never called. The middle button does paste
new text to the widget. Can anyone tell me how to do this.

For Gnome2 :
Checkout the new GtkClipboard object which is specially designed for
this purpose. You can also checkout the sourcecode of one of my
projects: Gnome Clipboard Manger uses the clipboard a lot (of course)
module : gcm-2 in cvs

For Gnome:
Checkout module gcm in cvs of the same project. You have to use
(one of these events) :
selection_get, selection_clear_event, selection_notify_event
selection_request_event, selection_received
I think the one that you need is "selection_received".

--
Philip van Hoof aka freax (http://www.freax.eu.org)
irc: irc.openprojects.net mailto:me at freax dot org