GtkTreeViewColumn resize notification

I spoke to Havoc about this and he gave me a pointer to get me started, but im stuck again.

Has anyone been here before?

I can't seem to get the "notify::width" signal to work, instead I receive an error:

GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gsignal.c: line 1510 (g_signal_connect_closure_by_id): assertion `signal_id >
0' failed

which is more than likely because "notify::width" isnt a correct signal for a cell renderer.

I have been unable to find any gtk documentation that shows me how
to set a callback event for when the size of a column changes in a
GtkTreeView. This feature was available under Gtk1.2 (for the
GtkCList). Has this feature been deprecated?

Or am I missing something?

I don't know offhand. You might look for object properties for the
column width - if the cell renderer has a "width" property, there will
be a "notify::width" signal to match you can connect to.

Havoc

Any help appreciated

Regards,

Martyn