[no subject]

[...]
  --purge-delay=ARG
    The  number  of millisecond that gnome-session will wait for clients
    to register, if you use 0 it will wait forever (default value:
    30,000 milliseconds).
[...]

GDM sets this to 15 seconds in /etc/gdm/Sessions/Gnome, KDM should use
something similar.

Bear in mind that too small values may prevent some (all?) programs from
launching. Eg. when I set the delay to 2 seconds Galeon 1.2.5 crashes on
startup. Now I have it set to 5 sec and everything seems to work fine.

--
[Krzysztof Luks]
[kluks<at>iq.pl]