Re: Controlling a scrolled area....

Thomas Cameron wrote:

Okay,

I was rifling through gtkscrolledwindow.c, and I found the scrolled
child function (which is NOT explained in the documentation).  It
appears that you can call 'gtk_scrolled_window_scroll_child', pass it
the wiget you want to scroll, the scroll type, and a boolean value for
"horizontal".

The way it appears to work is as follows:

If you pass:
        GTK_SCROLL_STEP_UP, GTK_SCROLL_STEP_DOWN, GTK_SCROLL_STEP_LEFT,
        GTK_SCROLL_STEP_RIGHT, GTK_SCROLL_PAGE_UP, GTK_SCROLL_PAGE_DOWN,
        GTK_SCROLL_PAGE_LEFT, GTK_SCROLL_PAGE_RIGHT

Then:
        Horizontal is NOT needed (=NULL ?).  The function will decide if
the movement is horiz. or vert.

If you pass:
        GTK_SCROLL_STEP_FORWARD, GTK_SCROLL_STEP_BACKWARD,
        GTK_SCROLL_PAGE_FORWARD, GTK_SCROLL_PAGE_BACKWARD,
        GTK_SCROLL_START, GTK_SCROLL_END

Then:
        You MUST pass horizontal = TRUE/FALSE, to tell the scroll
function if you're horiz. or vert.

Good Luck all,
Tom Cameron

P.S. How do we go about adding this information to the API Reference?

I think tha API reference is auto-generated from the source
... or at least a large part of it.