Controlling a scrolled area....

Hello all,

I've built a window which contains a scrolled window.  I have set the
policy on the scrolled window to never show the scroll bars, as I want
to use custom buttons.  I was reading through the GTK+-2.0 API
Reference, looking for information about the scroll bars, etc.

I have tracked the scroll bars down to the GtkAdjustment widget, which I
assume is the actual object that is scrolled.  Is this correct?  While
reading up on the Adjustment widget, I found that it has the Get and Set
functions for its value.  If I set the value, does that actually make it
scroll?  In addition to these two questions, I would also like to know
if an adjustment object is packed into the scrolled window.  I have
packed my widgets into it using the
'gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport' function, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
Tom Cameron