Re: focus in dialogs

Ian Zimmerman wrote:
Evan> gtk_widget_grab_focus():

Now, just out of pure curiosity (after all, I'm doing this to learn):
wth does gtk_container_set_focus_child() do?

If by quoting chapter and verse you mean to suggest I ought to rtfm,
it's misdirected: those documents are useless to me for the same
reason they are to Collin; I use gtk+1.2.  But thanks anyway, you did
solve my problem.

Nah, I just didn't have anything more to contribute beyond the function name. :)

Most of the stuff I know I figured out from trial and error (I remember trying to figure out the focus stuff) and from reading the GTK source.

From the GTK2 source (which hopefully hasn't changed much from 1.2 in this case) it appears that set_focus_child() emits the "set-focus-child" signal, which by default for a GtkContainer doesn't do much more than muck with some Adjustments that don't seem especially relevant.

I read people elsewhere bitching about the poor quality of the GTK docs but it is developed by volunteers, after all...
I do the best I can with what I have. :)