RE: Continue flame about WEIRD gtk2 design.

Maxim,

I'm sure that the reason these types of widgets are not included by
default is that the "average" programmer using GTK+ would not have a
need for a list 100,000 items in length.  Obviously you do.  If you wish
to write your own libraries because of these "missing" pieces in GTK+,
then by all means do so.

There is no disputing that GTK+ has its place in GUI development.  Can
it do _everything_ that _everyone_ needs?  No.  But what language can?
My suggestion to you would still be to develop your own widget to
display extremely large lists.  If you're interested in "optimal"
methods of using pointers to point to nodes, lists, or other structures,
then I suggest looking at the source for ReiserFS.  It has an extremely
fast organisational system, using a combination of linked lists and b*
trees.

Good Luck,
Tom Cameron