The speed of the application is slow when we have little heavy graphics on the drawing area.. Please help

Hi all

    I have been working on this problem since long but could not get the result.
    I am using GTK1.2 and Cosmo3D(a opengl library). I have mapped Cosmo3D window onto Gtk drawing area.
    The speed I get with the application seems slow. When I render the surfaces with graphics the application goes slow and even menu click pops up menu after many seconds......which is really inefficient.
Can anybody tell me how to maximise the speed of the application with regard to the graphics rendering on gtk drawing area rendering.

    I feel I must have missed something in mapping or There can be something which increases the speed of graphics rendering.
The plateform I am working on is IRIX (SGI). So I expected to have much more speedier but It becomes slow unexpectedly when graphics come on the drawing area.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rahul

Disclaimer