Re: creating pixmaps and cursors

Ian Zimmerman wrote:

Next question:

How can I write my own modal loop in gdk, without busy-waiting?

Can't you use gtk_window_set_modal(), gtk_window_set_transient_for() ?

gdk_get_event() seems to never block but rather return NULL

gdk_get_event() is used only for enter/leave notify events compression.
As for usual gdk events processing it's going via glib, so you have to
look at _gdk_events_init() function first.
Glib wait for events realized via file operation (probably poll() function
on your system) on X ConnectionNumber fd.

Olexiy