Re: GTK 1.x or 2.x?

        I'm not speaking with authority
but I know that we (me and the company
I work with) have started with Gtk 1.3.5
and would like to move to 2.0 only that
we cant handle the headache of
porting/upgrading at the moment. Also,
alot of poeple join this list for
help with porting to 2.0.
        So it seems to be the trend
to port to 2.0; only it might be subject
to change in the near future. (2.2 I think
is supposed to support openning/closing
X displays and gtk apps that use multiple
displays at the same time).

My sugestion to someone starting
a project with a gtk-based GUI is
to start with gtk 2.0 and save
themselves the troubble.

Regards,
        -Tristan

Mike Dailey wrote:

Hello,

I am currently developing several Linux-based
enterprise security tools that will have GUI
management consoles.

My question is pretty basic.  For all future
development work, should the OSS/Linux community
developers be using GTK 2.x instead of 1.x?

Should I be designing my GUI apps around the newest
GTK (v2x), and using, for instance, GLADE 2?

Thanks for any input you may have,

Mike