Tooltips in a gtk-tree-view

Hello,

I have been playing around with tooltips lately and they act a little
differently in gtk+ than I am used to. I have a gtk_tree_view widget and I
want a tooltip to popup for a specific cell, but when I set the tooltip
(with the gtktreeview as its specified widget) the tooltip pops up at the
bottom of the gtktreeview instead of over top of the specified cell (or
atleast just under the specified cell).

What should I be setting as the tooltips related widget so that it pops up
in close proximity to the specified tree view cell.

Thank for any help on this subject.

Nathan Bullock