good idea?

Can anyone tell if this is a good idea, and if not give some
recommendations:
I'm doing most of my interface with glade+libglade.  I also need to be
passing around a context.  So, I've created a FooWidget, which
'inherits' from a GtkObject, and contains the GladeXML pointer, and a
context pointer.  My windows mostly behave the same, so I also created a
FooWindow, which inherits from FooWidget, has a close signal, and sets
callbacks such as display toolbar/statusbar.  This setup seems ok to me,
but I'm fairly new to gtk app devel, so any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks