Re: How to filter a treeview?

Filip Van Raemdonck <mechanix debian org> writes:

[ I'm resending this after the original message from a different address
  got a "waiting for moderator approval" reply; sorry if the other one
  shows up too. Also I think send-by-subscribers-only lists suck :p ]

Do you prefer mailing lists full of spam? Even with aggressive spam
filtering in place we still get half-a-dozen spam messages held for
moderation each week.

I'm porting over an application which used it's own custom tree widget
in GTK+ 1.2 over to 2.0, and I'd like to use the available tree M/V/C
widgets instead of rewriting my own or fixing the current one.

On of the possibilities the custom tree offered was to set a filter
which affected if rows were displayed or not. This is a fairly essential
feature in the application and it has to be kept.

The libegg library (you can get it out of GNOME CVS) contains
EggTreeModelFilter for this purpose...this is planned as a future
addition to GTK+.

Regards,
                                               Owen