Re: changing color of text in a GtkText widget

On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 20:24:37 +0100
Martyn Russell wrote:

   > Have a look at the 'gtk-demo' example. This is a pretty good
example. If
   > you're still stuck, come back and I will assist...
   >
   > Regards,
   >
   > Martyn

        I took a look at the text.c example in the gtk+-1.2.10 code (which is
what I have) but all it shows is the method that I already know.
        This, of course, works great with one little exception. I am using the
text coloration in a text widget where I am colorizing parts of the text
based on offsets from a previously run regular expression search. This
turns out to be really, really slow (about 10 times slower then the
search itself, according to g_timer_elapsed()).

        I am trying to find another, faster, way of doing this. I am rather new
to complex gtk programming, so if you have any ideas, I would appreciate
them very much.

        thanx
                -- Mitko