Question on 'scribble' - configure_event

Scribble has an event handler called 'configure_event', which is supposed
to be activated when the drawing window is resized.  The tutorial says
that it will automatically be invoked at program startup and upon window
resize, but it's not being invoked when I build it using gtk 1.2.

I presume I need to add the appropriate event mask(s) to the drawing area
widget, but which one(s) should I add?  The list of event masks that I
could find doesn't seem to include one for window resizing or the like,
and none of the ones I've tested result in the configure_event code being
entered.

Thanks,

Bryan

* Bryan Brown      <*>              bbrown radix net
* http://www.radix.net/~bbrown