Using GValue transform functions

I am writing foreign lanuage interface for GTK+-2.x/glib-2.x.

Does the following idea work at all?

I would like to register new type for foreign language parameters
with g_pointer_type_register_static("my_type"), which can represent
all foreign language types, including all metadata required.

Is there way to register conversation function which is called
when either source or destination value is of type "my_type"?

Can anyone point me to code doing something similiar?

best regards,
taavi