Re: The right way to display images?

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Ze'ev Maor wrote:

What is the best way (i.e. most efficient/fastest) to display a series of
RGB images (each of which comes from a file which is in YUV format) at a
predetermined frame rate (e.g. 30 fps).

should I use gdk_draw_rgb_image sequentially for each image (timed by some
timer) or is there a better way?

You could look at the SDL (Simple Directmedia Layer) library (there's a
widget which provides an interface to SDL)
   www.libsdl.org
mplayer is a video player written with SDL

 I have also read that using directfb backend for harware acceleration
makes animation smoother.

Vincent TORRI

--
TORRI Vincent