Re: g_thread_init core dumps called before gtk_init (bug ?)

This doesn't seem right:

gdk_threads_enter();
gtk_main();
gdk_threads_leave();

you're aquiring a lock before the main loop
so none of your calls to gdk_threads_enter()
should succeed untill gtk_main_quit();

I would expect your app to "hang" not
to crash.

        -Tristan

thomas joseph wrote:

Hi,

 I have a gtk application, which calls g_thread_init.
 It gives segmentation fault with the call and when I
comment it runs normally.

 I am attaching the code below, Could you check what
is
 wrong with this code. I have seen in the thread it
fails if you call g_thread_ini after gtk_init but not
this case.

 Thanks and regards,

 --thomas