dialogs problems

1/ when I close a window through gtk_widget_destroy() and when I start,
right after, a treatment that eat a lot of resources, the ok button
remains pushed and the window will close only when the treatment ends
on. obviously the best would be that it closes just before the treatment
starts.

2/ when the treatment is getting on I would like to be able to show the
user a progress window to inform him from the progressions. the problem
is that the window that I open *before* the treatment is being shown
just after.

I use gtk2.

any idea?

bye