Saving vpaned separator position

Hi,

in my app I use a GtkVPaned container to seperate a list view and a text
buffer. Now I try to save the position of the separtor through gconf and
restore the same position at the next startup of the app.

Problem: No matter what position I set with gtk_paned_set_position at ui
creation time the separator is always at the bottom, so that only the
list view is visible. The value stored by gconf is correct so this is
not the problem.

Question: How can I restore the position of the pane separator, so that it
is the same as last time?

Regards,

   Jens

--