Why there's no API to add(not only set) GtkTarget to GtkClipboard?

GTK developers or who may concern,

As I am using the new API for GtkClipboard, I found there's no API to
add GtkTargets to GtkClipboard. I can only set the targets when I set
the GtkClipboard. But as I do not have a regular GtkTargetEntry list
while coding and it's very complex to maintain a dynamic GtkTargetEntry
list for it's more like a type without any 'member function' to support.
Furthermore, if I turn back to use the gtk_selection_add_target, I have
to use my own widget which make me have to abandon GtkClipboard at all.

So, do you have any workaround solution on such kind of issue?

Best regards,

Robin