GtkClock looks wrong, for a while...

Hi All,

I used glade to create an interface that contains a GtkClock widget.
While I was at it I defined a handy date/time format for said widget.
Now when I run the app the clock appears with the default 24 hour, no
date format. When the time ticks over to the next minute my nice and
informative date/time format is appearing nicely. Maybe I shouldn't
complain, but it does look odd for a minute (sorry 59 seconds or less ;)
Is there anything obvious that I missed and need to be reminded of?

jay

ii swear I never use vi^[:wq