Re: gdk-pixbuf crash

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Chris Nystrom wrote:

however this suggested fix (defdepth 24 in /usr/dt/config/Xservers) did
not help me.

Sorry to keep replying to myself, but I got it to work. This above did
help, but what I also had to do was take out my dual head configuration.

So basically I changed /usr/dt/config/Xservers from:

:0 Local local_uid console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner
+xinerama -dev /dev/fb0 -dev /dev/fb1

to:

:0 Local local_uid console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner -dev
/dev/fb0 defdepth 24

This seems like a big limitation. Is there a workaround?

Does anyone know if this was fixed in later releases? I have enjoyed
staying with the earlier versions since there are many books, etc about
those versions, but this perhaps will give me a reason to upgrade, but I
would like to kow if this has been fixed yet in the later releases.

The pixpuf demo sure is a pretty little app.

Thanks,
Chris