signal to update changed gtkrc file

HI

I have written a gtk application that, to get a custom look,
generates a couple of pixmaps when it starts up, using gdk_draw_rectangle()
and similar functions. This works fine, and I managed to draw using
the right colors by reading the gtk window's style.

Now, in my window manager setup, I can choose a color scheme that
changes the gtkrc file. Using a little program called gtkrcrefresh,
I can then update the look of all running applications to conform to
the changed gtkrc file. The colors of widgets update automatically. I
picked this up somewhere:

send_refresh_signal(void)
{
        GdkEventClient event;
        event.type = GDK_CLIENT_EVENT;
        event.send_event = TRUE;
        event.window = NULL;
        event.message_type = gdk_atom_intern("_GTK_READ_RCFILES", FALSE);
        event.data_format = 8;
        gdk_event_send_clientmessage_toall((GdkEvent *)&event);
}

However, once the pixmaps in the first program I mentioned have been
drawn, they do not get drawn again when the gtkrc file has changed.
So I need to build in a subroutine that draws them again when this signal
is sent. Unfortunately, i can't find the signal in the above function
in the documentation of gdk. Does anyone know how to write a signal
handler for this gdk signal?

best regards

jos