Memory leaks in Pango ?

Hi all,

I've just noticed that a simple call to "pango_layout_set_text ()" is
using memory that doesn't get freed (as it seems, since the process uses
more and more memory each time the function is called. We're talking
about megs here, so it doesn't look like small memory leak).

As I'm using it in my window manager to set window title, memory leaks
quite fast !

Am I missing something here ? I took a quick look at the function in
pango sources and did not notice anything wrong.

Basically, what I do is :

layout = gtk_widget_create_pango_layout (a_widget, a_string);
pango_layout_get_pixel_extents (layout, NULL, &logical_rect);
gdk_draw_layout(a_pixmap, ...);
g_object_unref (G_OBJECT (layout));

The memory seems to be leaking in "gtk_widget_create_pango_layout", but
actually  it's in "pango_layout_set_text ()"

If I remove that call, the memory usage stays stable.

Cheers,
--
Olivier               <fourdan xfce org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.