Re: Drawing on top of GnomeCanvas?

On 20 May 2002, Gustavo Carneiro wrote:

I think you need to draw in the expose event.

  No no! I want to perform a rubber-banding effect using XOR lines. I
*have* to draw at any time, in response to mouse events. I'm drawing but
I cannot see anything. Any suggestion?

I know. Event driven programming can be a pain.

Draw to a pixmap and then display the pixmap in the expose event. You can
copy the expose callback from the scribble demo application.

You can force an expose with the gtk_widget_queue_draw() function.

Anyway check out how the scribble example does it:

  http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-scribble.html

Good luck,
Chris