Re: text widget performance
- From: Francois Chenais <francois chenais net>
- To: Marcelo Leitner <mrl netbank com br>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: text widget performance
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 17:00:34 +0200
500ms is very low due to high-traffic..
In fact, I choose this timeout because it works fine with MFC under Windows :-)
you can either increase this to, maybe, 1000ms, or gtk_idle_add_priority()
and set the socket to non-blocking or use select()..
then gtk will only call your callback when it's idle.. don't forget to give
the lowest priority to the socket..
I liked more the second one.. :)
Marcelo R Leitner <mrl netbank com br>
gtk-app-devel-list mailing list
gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev