Text Widget and Entry Widget questions

G'Day !

I have a couple of questions concerning the Text widget and Entry widget.

I am creating a vector drawing program, with an inteface similar to
AutoCAD.  I currently have an Entry widget at the bottom that I use for a
command line.  Is there a way that I can put a non-editible prompt or is
the entry all or nothing ?

The second question:  I wnat to put a text widget (I'm still writing in
1.2.x, will port to 2.0 when app matures more) directly above it as a kind
of command history widget.  I will then let the use to scroll thru previous
commands to repeat commands via a selection mechanisim.

The tricky part is that the text widget ( or the 2.0 equivilant ) can only
be tall enough for 2 or 3 lines of text and vertical scroll bar no matter
what the size of the main window.  Is this possible ?  How would I do it ?

TIA

cheers,
Jim Parker