Where do menus go when they "go away"?

Hi All,

It recently came to my attention that the application I'm working on
may have some memory leaks due to mis-handling menus.

We have situations where we generate pop-up menus on-the-fly for items
in a Ctree.  I've found that when these menus "go away" (either due to
selecting a menu item or clicking somewhere else to dismiss them), that
the "destroy" signal isn't emitted--only the "hide" signal.

This leads me to *suspect* that the space allocated for these isn't
free'd when they're dismissed--that the menu structures are still
sitting there, awaiting re-activation.  That to truly make them go
away, you must do a gtk_widget_destroy() on their widgets.

Have I got this right?

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Seymour                  | PGP Public Key available at:
jseymour LinxNet com         | http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/pks-commands.html