Why does this corrupt my Gtk2 application?

Hi all,

The following attached Corrupt.c when compiled/linked (see comment at
the beginning of the program for how I did this), corrupts my application
display when the app is resized. I get a couple of bogus half buttons in
the top left corner.

The problem appears to be with the frame_interpose() routine. If you
comment out line 100 (ie. the full mask setting) then everything works fine.

Note that frame_interpose() is always returning FALSE, so I'm a little
confused here. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.