Re: gtk interface and sound playing

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 02:26:54PM +0200, Andrea Paternesi wrote:

Hi,

When i play the file, the gtk-main-loop stops.
I cannot use threads because gtk is not thread safe.
How can i play the wav file without block the gtk loop?

Are you sure it's not? I did an audio app 2 years ago on Solaris and
used GTK+ with a thread that took care of feeding /dev/dsp, never had a
single problem.

A possible workaround if you can't use threads is to fork and use shared
memory and/or semaphores to keep things in synch.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn energyhq homeip net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt