gtkprogress

Hi!

I'm just writing a little app (gtk 1.x)witch calls a external app via
fork exec... The app works some time and then exits.

What I now want to do is to show the user, that this app is working via
a progressbar in activity mode which should start when i execute the
external app and stop when I receive a sigchild.

But the only way which I can find, that keeps the progressbar
oscillating is to have a gtk_timeout which changes the value of the
gtkprogress continously, but I kind of dislike this solution.

Does any of you know a better? I read the gtkprogress documentation, but
there doesn't seem to be anything like
gtk_progress_start/stop_oscillate.

Regards,
Jörgen