Re: Best tutorials for Windows developer?

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 17:57, Warner Young wrote:
I have a general question.  Can anyone give me some ideas of the best
tutorials or books to check out for learning GTK?  This is from the
perspective of someone who is very familiar with the Windows32 APIs
(not C++ or MFC, just the straight C GDI/USER interfaces).

I hope you get a good answer. I'm not a Windows GUI programmer, so I
can't offer an opinion with any relevance to your programming
background. When I got started with GTK and Gnome programming, I got a
book called "Developing Linux Applications with GTK+ and GDK." From
there, I looked at the source for existing programs, and refer to the
gtk.org website (API reference and tutorials) a lot.

I've not read it, but I suspect that "GTK+/Gnome Application
Development" by Havoc Pennington is a good book, just because Havoc is a
prime mover in the GTK and Gnome world, and is usually very helpful on
the mailing lists.