GDK_INPUT_EXCEPTION needed?

Hello.

I usually call gdk_input_add() with flag GDK_INPUT_READ or GDK_INPUT_WRITE
without GDK_INPUT_EXCEPTION. But sometimes my callbacks are called with
condition GDK_INPUT_EXECPTION, so i check for != GDK_INPUT_READ/WRITE.

Now i wonder whether GDK_INPUT_EXCEPTION is ever needed when setting up
read/write sources..
for example gdk_input_add(fd, GDK_INPUT_WRITE|GDK_INPUT_EXCEPTION, cb);
Sometimes i get SIGPIPEs, is the reason the lack of flag EXCEPTION? I guess
not..

Markus.