Re: gtk+ and pthread

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:32:56 +0000, "Ro Stellar" <ro_stellar hotmail com> wrote:

I am currently writing an application which, among other things, needs to
continually receive data over a UDP connection and display this data in a
gtk pixmap.  I am having problems running  pthread_create()  (for receiving
data via UDP) and gtk_main()  (for display and other buttons) at the same
time.

As an alternative, I would like to do the following:
1. Put the UDP receive code into a callback function for a button
2. Associate this function with the click event for a button that will be
created but not displayed
3. And... before I call gtk_main() set something so that this button always
appears to be clicked or at least being clicked a few times a second or
greater

I believe you want to read the documentation on gtk_timeout_add / gtk_timeout_remove.

Cheers  Peter
      Dr. Peter Rottengatter       peter rottengatter de
                                   http://www.rottengatter.de