Re: Need a little help with GtkLabel Markup

"Kevin Vandersloot" <kfv101 psu edu> writes:

Hi folks. I'm working on fixing up the gnome-calculator display. Right now it
uses a GtkEntry and reverses the direction using gtk_widget_set_direction.
Obvioulsy this isn't right and it leads to quite a fex bugs. To get things
right I'm trying to get it working with GtkLabel using the markup capabilities.
Right now it works except I can't get the label to expand and right justify the
text at the same time. I've tried all sorts of packing options to no avail. The
problem is that I set the background of the label to a color, but since the
label doesn't expand only part of the display gets the background color.

I'm not sure if the label will draw the background of areas without
text, but the way to make it right justified is to do:

  gtk_misc_set_align (GTK_MISC (label), 1.0, 0.5);

I guess I could just set the background of the hbox, but is there a
way to do it without doing that. Attached is a screenshot.

I think you'll probably need to do something like this.

-Jonathan