Re: gtk 2.x problems with labels and auto-resizing

Ed Sweetman <ed sweetman wmich edu> writes:
in gtk 1.2 the window expands automatically to hold the size of the
widgets inside if not specified with usize.  In gtk 2.x this does not
happen. The main window seems to not resize for widgets held in vbox's.
Also, parts of frames that don't get rendered due to the window not
resizing in the horizontal direction, pretty sure this is just due to
the lack of any theming engine in gtk 2.x to auto-update.  I have to
shade and unshade the window for those parts to be rendered when i
stretch the window manually.

This works for everyone else AFAIK. Can you provide a small test case?

Also, pango's example ft2 config file is incompatible with pango. I've
got no idea how to fix it.

I think ft2 backend now uses the same config format as XftConfig, but
I'm not really familiar with this area.

Both the sizing test case and note about ft2 would ideally be in
bugzilla.gnome.org for tracking.

Havoc