gtk 2.x themes/engines?

I think I remember hearing someone say that there were themes and pixmap
engines for gtk 2.x available.  I'm just wondering where? There have
been few to no submissions to gtk.themes.org in a while (november 1st of
last year).  gtk.org's website does not have any archive for themes or
engines.

So my question is, what happened to a central location or at least a
central list of available gtk themes that are up to date and engines
that are up to date?  Did people just stop writing them?