help with conditional constructs

hi
i am having trouble using if loops and case-switch statement in gtk
are we allowed to use these conditional constructs in gtk
if yes then can i use them in the callbacks.c file
i am obtaining certain values from a application and want to check whether they are witihin a certain range
when i tried using switch -  case or if-else the application crashes
please help me out by letting me know how to check the input values
is there some gtk specific conditional construct?
please help

thanx
sap

Do You Yahoo!?