Re: gtk_signal_emit vs gtk_signal_emit_by_name

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Gary Benson wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me as to why some widgets build a big table of their
signals and then emit them with gtk_signal_emit whereas others just use
gtk_signal_emit_by_name. Is it a performance vs convenience thing?

Actually, I think I just answered my own question. The big table of
signals has to be created, and if you just created it then you may as well
emit the signals from there. If you are 'faking' a signal from another
object then you don't have access to your table and must reference the
signal by name.

Is that about right?

Cheers,
Gary