Re: gtk_widget_grab_default and gtk+-2.0

Oliver Rauch <oliver rauch rauch-domain de> writes:
thanks for your response.
You are right, in most cases it works.
While testing I also looked for visual indication and
thought it does not work...
But in one situation I do not get it to work.
When in a window there is a gtk_text_view and a button
I am not able to set the button as default widget.
(The dialog is not editable but catches the enter key).

Is there a way to solve this?

I believe this is a bug in GtkTextView - in its key_press_event
function, it does not consider editability when processing the enter
key. If you file a report on bugzilla.gnome.org I'll try to fix it
before the next release.

As a workaround you could connect to key_press_event and if the key is
GDK_Return call gtk_window_activate_default() on the window.

Havoc