Re: Programmer's criticism of GTK2

"Norman Black" <stonybrk ix netcom com> writes:
For simplified functionality one can provide a simplified interface. The
GTK developers apparently decided to blow that off. After all, why
should they write that code once, when all of us can each write such a
thing for ourselves, or we can deal with the complexity on each an every
instance we use the control.

You're right, our goal is to fuck you over and write sucky APIs. And
then we make the source code and development mailing lists closed, to
keep you from contributing to or commenting on the APIs as they are
plotted in our evil minds. Don't get me started on the private bug
database that no one can see or add to.

Havoc