Re: Destroying a window

zze-coframi balr001 <coframi balr001 rd francetelecom com> writes:

I've got an application where I create two windows. When I destroy one, the
memory that is used by this window is not freed although calling
gtk_widget_destroy fot that window. I see the memory I used looking at
"top".

top is meaningless. Do not use it to try to detect memory leaks of
this scale. It only measures memory allocated from the kernel to the
process, not memory allocated to the process by the C library.
Libraries are caching memory, etc. - top tells you nothing about your
code correctness.

Use "memprof" or the like.

Havoc