Re: GTK2: deleting items from a GtkTree

Fabio Rotondo <mlists rotondo it> writes:
This could help me browsing the list, but what if I would like to stop
cycling for some special reason? Is there a way to "stop" the _foreach()
function from cycling? Or should I terminate the cycling without doing
nothing?
This is not very performant, expecially if I have a lot of rows...

You can't make getting the selection faster without slowing down all
modifications to the tree and slowing down the process of selecting
rows, because you would have to maintain a list of selected rows.

So the selection gets stored as flags on the tree itself.

Have a look at the implementation, if you can come up with a way to
speed it up feel free to file a bug in bugzilla.

Havoc