Show each widget

When over looking some code, it seems a little excessive to have to call
gtk_widget_show for each widget that needs to be displayed.

Since the main purpose to use GTK is for graphical displays of
data/information would it not make more sense to have that called by
default when a widget has been created/initialized. Then if a object did
not need to be displayed you could call a function to hide it instead of
the default of show. So by default all widgets will be shown, except the
ones you spcifically hide. At the moment it seems to be the opposite?

Now I am still new to GTK, and this may not be possible due to other
things like resize or manipulating the widget. At the moment from most
code I have seen once your are done manipulating the widget then the
show function is called.

I have not played around with a calling the show method before I
manipulate the widget. So I can't comment on what the outcome would be,
which might make my suggestion above impossible.

Any comments, thoughts, insults. :)

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.